To join a group, go to a group and click Join Group in the top-right corner.
Depending on the group's settings, you may have to wait for a group admin to approve your request.
Keep in mind when you join a group:
+ People may see when you join a public or closed group or that you're a member of that group, like in News Feed or search.
+ When someone adds you to a public or closed group, others may see that you've been invited (ex: in News Feed or search). Once you visit a group you're invited to, you'll become a member and other people may see you joined.
+ Certain groups on Facebook have their privacy setting set to secret and may not appear in search results. You can see them once a group member adds you.
To create a group:
1. Click in the top right of Facebook and select Create Group
2. Select your group preferences, enter your group name, add group members and then choose the privacy setting for your group
3. Click Create
Once you create your group, you personalize it by uploading a cover photo and adding a description.
To add new members to a group:
1. Go to the group you want to add members to
2. Click Members below the group photo
3. Click Add
4. Enter the people you want to add and then click their names to add them to the group
You can also add people by entering their name or email address below Add Members in the top right of the group page. For all types of groups—Public, Closed and Secret—group members can add anyone who's a friend of someone in the group.
Note: If you add people to a group, a group admin may need to approve the request before they can join.