Don’t add oil. The first thing to know is that adding oil to the water has no effect, as it floats on the top of the water. The second thing to know is that adding oil to cooked spaghetti will make any sauce slide off it – again, not what you want.
Stir the pasta after you’ve added it to the water. Pasta releases starch as soon as it starts to cook. When you put it in boiling water it does this straight away, making the surface of the pasta sticky, which is why you always have to stir the pot to separate the pieces. As the spaghetti continues to cook, the starch dissolves into the water so it doesn’t stick any more.
menu menu Menu
- arrow_backarrow_drop_downElearning plugins
- arrow_backarrow_drop_downListing Plugins
- arrow_backarrow_drop_downJobs Plugins
- arrow_backarrow_drop_downDating plugins
- arrow_backarrow_drop_downMobile Apps
- Live streaming
- arrow_backarrow_drop_downCore plugins