The Human Resources Manager is responsible for leading the administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function for corporate departments. This role will serve as an advisor and main point of contact for management and employees for all things people related.
• Ensure a proactive, fair, and consistent application of VICI policies and procedures, employee relations concerns and performance management questions or issues, including those of moderate to high complexity.
• Serves as the first point of contact for all employee relations issues/concerns; conducts investigations and resolves issues in a timely manner.
• Handles confidential information in a professional manner, respecting employee privacy while maintaining company confidentiality.
• Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to managers (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions, and terminations).
• Designs, maintains and evaluates job descriptions and compensation ranges and benchmarking using trusted and relevant data sources.
• Consult with business leaders, managers, HR team, and other cross-functional teams to develop and implement best practices, change management and to foster and develop culture.
• Partners closely with business leaders to execute safety program, foster cooperative relationships, and motivate/influence individuals to value and take personal ownership of Safety.
• Oversee incident reporting, the return-to-work process, and worker’s compensation claims for client group. Monitor work areas for compliance with programs/policies (audit, walk-throughs, etc.).
• Collaborate with the creation, implementation, development & recordkeeping of various safety compliance programs (Emergency Action Plan, IIPP, OSHA Log, etc.).
• Responsible for full cycle recruiting, including, but not limited to sourcing, job posting, screening, interview coordination, reference checks, applicant communication, and job offers to candidates for all corporate positions.
• Facilitates the new employee on-boarding and orientation program.
• Answer employee questions and educate employees on benefits coverage options. Facilitate benefits meetings monthly and annual open enrollment.
• Answer employee questions regarding leaves of absences, track and resolve leave issues, including COVID related leaves.
• Implement, coordinate, and facilitate basic and intermediate training for managers around issues of people management, leadership, and HR compliance.
• Reviews and makes recommendations for improvement of policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
• Maintains responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
• Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to leadership for corrective action and continuous improvement.
• May perform other duties as assigned in support of the overall success of the company.
- · Demonstrated breadth and depth of HR knowledge and expertise
- · Highly competent, strategic professional with strong business acumen
- · Ability to manage relationships with employees and other leaders of the organization to impart expertise; serve as a trusted partner and subject matter expert
- · Skilled at communicating clearly both verbally and in writing
- · Maintain a professional demeanor and respond with urgency
- · Demonstrated professionalism, tact and poise when dealing with difficult employee issues
- · Understanding of discretion needed in handling confidential information and strong commitment to ethical practice
- · Demonstrates a high degree of personal and professional integrity
- · Capacity to solve a wide range of complex problems; willingness to think out-of-the-box to resolve issues
- · Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- · Excellent time management and organization skills
- · Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals
- · Ability to work positively and collaboratively with different groups within the company to advance the company’s stability and growth
- · Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and work effectively in a team environment
- · Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Mac and Google products
- · Knowledge of standard applications (Slack, Office365, Chrome, etc.)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
- PHR, SHPR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- 10+ years of HR experience as an HR Manager or similar level role; e-commerce, retail or similar industry experience greatly preferred.
- 5+ years of health & safety, or risk management experience desired.
- Working knowledge using ADP Workforce Now or other HRIS system.
- High proficiency with MS Office including Outlook, Word, & Excel in addition to Google documents.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently, and communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level
- Ability to speak, read, and write Spanish highly desired but not required.