The fib supports the 13th Central European Congress on Concrete Engineering (CCC2022), which will take place on 13-14 September 2022 in Zakopane - the heart of Tatra Mountains (Poland).
A tradition of CCC events started in 2005 and is called CENTRAL EUROPEAN CONGRESS ON CONCRETE ENGINEERING. This is a series of conferences to provide a forum for engineers from Central Europe to meet and exchange experiences regularly. Engineers from all fields are addressed working in design, execution, prefabrication, material production, research or quality control.
The main topic is Next Generation of Concrete Engineering for Post-Pandemic Europe.
Europe has a plan to stimulate economic recovery from the COVID-19 crisis. The new Europe is to be greener, more digital and more resilient to crises.
So, what should be the future of concrete engineering? In the face of the expected huge investments, we observe rising prices of cement, aggregates, steel, with shortages and transport problems. Additionally, we noticed the growing role of green and digital solutions in design, construction, and operation processes. All this is a new challenge for concrete engineering. Therefore, we have the following topics of CCC2022:
- Concrete and sustainable construction
- New generation of concrete
- Cements and concretes with mineral additives
- Chemistry for concrete technology
- Prefabrication in concrete engineering
- Concrete in architecture
- Concrete for roads, railways, bridges, and tunnels
- Green solutions for concrete engineering
- Construction 4.0 and digital technologies
- Life-Cycle, durability and resilience
- Repair, strengthening and self-healing concrete
- Properties of the mix and hardened concrete
- Automation and robotization in concrete engineering