To create a private or public event:
1. Click Events in the left menu of your News Feed.
2. Click Create in the top right.
3. Click to choose between a private or public event. If you're creating a public event, you can set the event's host as yourself or a page you manage.
4. Fill in the event name, details, location and time. If you're creating a public event you can:
+ Select a category for your event
+ Add keywords about your event
+ Add a link to a ticketing website for your event
5. Click Create.
You'll be taken to your event where you can invite guests, upload photos, share posts and edit event details.
Note: You're not able to change the privacy settings once you've created the event.
There are several ways you can let people know about your public events:
+ Share your event
+ Create an ad for your event
When people visit their Events, they can discover suggested events created by Pages that they like and groups they're in. They can also subscribe to your Page's events.
Learn more tips to promote your event.
Event names must accurately reflect the event. Keep in mind that only the host of the event can manage event details.
Event names can't include:
+ Terms or phrases that may be abusive or violate someone's rights.
+ Improper capitalization. Event names must use grammatically correct capitalization and may not include all capital letters, except for acronyms. The first letter of the event name must be capitalized.
+ Symbols (ex: ®) or unnecessary punctuation.
+ Long descriptions, such as a slogan. Event names are limited to 140 characters.
To change the name of your event:
1. Go to your event and click Edit
2. Enter a new event name in the Event Name field
3. Click Save
Note: If your event has more than 2,500 people invited, you can change the event location and date up to three times. After that, you won't be able to change the event details.
To add a main photo for an event as the host:
1. Click Add Event Photo at the top right of the event page. The recommended size for event photos is 1920 by 1080 pixels (16:9 ratio).
2. Choose your photo and click Save Changes. Keep in mind that you can't edit the size of a photo after it's been added to an event.
To add more photos or video, go to the event and click Add Photo/Video.
If this is a public event, anyone who views the event can see its photos and videos. Photos and videos posted on private events are only visible to people who were invited. Hosts can remove photos or videos from their event.